Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Coconut Chutney

Coconut chutney is one of my favorite one in chutneys. I can eat it with anything. It can be dosa, idli, roti, bread, thalipith, puri……….. Just anything.




Ingredients
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Roasted Chana dal – 1 tablespoon
Roasted peanut powder - 1 tablespoon
Green chillies – 2 -3
Curry leaves- 3-4
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Salt and sugar to taste

For Tempering
Oil - 1 tablespoom
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Urad Dal - 1/2 teaspoon

Procedure
Mix all the ingredients. Add little water and make fine paste in mixer. Shift this paste in a bowl. Now Heat oil in little kadai and make tadka of oil, Mustard seeds, Urad Dal and pour the hot tadka over the chutney and mix wel. Enjoy the yummy chutney with Dosa.

My contribution for PJ's ‘Let’s go nuts..’

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry if I missed this, but is the cocnut combo pureed? It seems like the dal would be lumps in the mixture.

Khaugiri said...

Hi Pattie, I used the dal in temparing and the coconut mixture is pureed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...