Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Kul Kul

'Kulkul '……… I had bookmarked this recipe somewhere in 2008. I only knew that it's a kerla dish…….. Last Sunday when I was going through all recipes, I saw this kulkul and loved the way of making it. I tried it and see how my kulkuls are looking now? My husband was asking, is it homemade or what? It is really very easy but time consuming.
Can anybody give me the details of the recipe and the pronounciation is it 'कलकल' OR 'कुलकुल '

Ingredients

Maida – 1 cup

Chiroti Rawa (Barik Rawa ) - 1/2 cup

Butter - 1 tablespoon (at room temperature)

Thick coconut milk - 1/4 cup

Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup

Egg white – 1 (Optional)

Baking powder – 1 teaspoon

Rose essence - few drops

Salt - 1/8 teaspoon

Oil for deep fry

Procedure

Combine all the ingredients except oil and mix well. Make a soft dough. If it is sticky you can add little Maida in it. Keep covered for half an hour. Now put some oil to your hands. Take a fork and grease it with oil. Take a little ball of dough and flatten it on the backside of fork (as shown in the picture). Roll it from one side and make a roll. Make same shapes of the dough. Now heat oil in kadai and deep fry it on medium flame. Store it in a airtight container. Next time I'm going to make spicy version of this KULKUL :)

16 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Looks yum

Padhu Sankar said...

That looks lovely and the shape is very beautiful.

Pari Vasisht said...

This looks so good dear, will try them, my kids will surely like it. Bookmarked.Thanks for sharing.

Chetana Suvarna Ganatra said...

Too good...reminds me of my mum- she used to make them painstakingly during Diwali...

Ms.Chitchat said...

Pic looks great, worth the effort. Looks tasty too.

Chitchat

Saraswathi Iyer said...

Looks tempting and nice.

sangeeta said...

Thanks for dropping by and connecting with me at this point of time, it meant a lot to me!!

all these great recipes will make me crave for blogging i hope....the kul kul ( not kalkal )is a parsi dish as much i know ,made during navroz as i have tried it from a Femina recipe which was round shaped kulkul...you have a great blog !!

Mythreyi Dilip said...

I love this snacks very much, actually i forgot its name and i was not able to Google this recipe. Thanks for the fantastic recipe dear, inviting click too.......

Khaugiri said...

Thanks a lot friends.....
@ Chetna- Do you know any details of KULKUL?
@ Sangeeta- Thanks for the deails.

sahiti said...

These are called kulkul (rhyming with bulbul)and a Goan delicacy made as a part of christmas goodies.

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Definitely its a wonderful way to make, now am gonna book mark kulkuls they have come out well1!!

Deepa G Joshi said...

wow, nice click..love th shape..

Pooja V said...

lovely..this is bookmarked. will let you once i have tried it.

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Lovely shape and yummy snack, Khaugiri.

Swathi said...

Sneha,

Kulkul looks really good. It is new snack to me.

B said...

KulKul is goan as far as I know. I have heard a gaon friend talk about it. Looks like a fried cookie. must be yummy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...